History of CSTH
The Colombo South Teaching Hospital was started on the 02 July 1960 by the then Prime Minister Sirimavo Bandaranaike, as a Base Hospital. The Hospital was upgraded to a Teaching Hospital in 1995. Currently it is the second largest government hospital in Colombo district, located in Kalubowila. The hospital has a bed strength of 1100 with 2600 staffs involved in patient care. It provides treatment to about 150 000 inward patients and 750 000 out patients and 720 000 clinic patients per year .